Bumping

What would you like to see regarding the bumping etc of threads without contributing content

• 1 day ban for first offence

Votes: 270 26.3%
  • 7 day ban for 2 or more bumps

Votes: 413 40.3%
  • Permanent ban for trolling threads

Votes: 457 44.6%
  • First offence a warning repeated offences or replying with abuse instant ban

Votes: 536 52.3%

• Total voters

Preacher

You’re not wrong
Staff member
There seems to be a real problem with members just “bumping” posts or lurking and thinking they have the right to demand content without contributing themselves, posting random crap in threads and deliberately disrupting threads, the forum doesn’t exist without all who contribute so you should get a say in how the forum runs and how we deal with trolls,bumpers,lurkers etc, you may also comment your ideas and we will put the most popular to a vote or you could just hit a like on any suggestions you think are valid and we will see which could be implemented to make the forum run a bit smoother

phantom111

yes that sucks because I have to agree every time you come on and see ohh there is something and then just ..... Please Notice: This is an automatically translated article!

I saw in another forum that you have an extra function for comments with which it is not displayed as posted is such an implementation not possible here? ....

Beeblebrox

Depends on what you consider content really. It's a discussion board, if you're going to whine about any community discussion happening then perhaps the board shouldn't exist at all in this form. The folks bleating about their precious "notifications" and the ten seconds it takes to check them are at least as obnoxious as the off topic posts and from where I'm sitting should be just as cracked down on for being too goddamned lazy to just disable them.

That's not to say necro-bumping or degenerating into nonsense about your sexual fantasies should be tolerated but if you're just going to have The Cleaner coming in and fucking with anything that isn't an image or video there's no reason for a message board format to exist in the first place.

Just my 2 cents.

Kane328

Depends on what you consider content really. It's a discussion board, if you're going to whine about any community discussion happening then perhaps the board shouldn't exist at all in this form. The folks bleating about their precious "notifications" and the ten seconds it takes to check them are at least as obnoxious as the off topic posts and from where I'm sitting should be just as cracked down on for being too goddamned lazy to just disable them.

Just my 2 cents.
Yes but just by watching one can see that the "discussion" usually devolves and strays from actual content talk and everything. If ppl are discussion content and providing actual Intel that's one thing

Pedro83

Just my 2 cents.
I agree, mods are far too quick to curtail actual discussions. Bumping and demanding content is different from discussing content.

dubate

I understand that it's a pain in the ass for the mods to clean up threads but for the first day or so of new content, I think you just have to let it ride. Yes it does suck when you see a notification of new content and it's just some dork's wish fulfillment fantasy but people get excited and after a day or so a good cleanup fixes it. That being said, people who bump old threads with "any more" or pointless observations should be one warning followed by a ban.

TheMiniMan

That's not to say necro-bumping or degenerating into nonsense about your sexual fantasies should be tolerated but if you're just going to have The Cleaner coming in and fucking with anything that isn't an image or video there's no reason for a message board format to exist in the first place.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree.
I also think when new exciting leaks come out people will want to talk about them. Ironically, that has sometimes lead to people being warned for "bumping threads" on a forum dedicated to sharing and talking about celebrities. If you wanted that to be the case you'd just have to get rid of the message function and just be able to post pictures and videos.
I think the main problem is people bumping old threads to literally just ask if there has been "new content". These are the people i think should be punished.

Beeblebrox

It'd be nice if there were a way for stale threads to just auto-lock after say... a week or two so "the are we there yet?" crap couldn't happen. Of course that wouldn't stop the same people from creating new topics, but it'd make them easier to spot and nuke.

It'd also be nice if there were a checkbox or somesuch when you posted that made creating an alert opt-in. That way people could chat while not triggering the aforementioned obnoxious notification complainers. Or better yet, only trigger alerts for multimedia posts. It'd make them easier to filter out and aggregate in the process.

Preacher

You’re not wrong
Staff member
Some decent constructive ideas here so far, we are trialling leaving discussions up for 24 hours as long as it’s thread related, for example the lily mo when thread, fine to discuss what her set contains etc, but then posting her mum and then descending into other celebrities has to be jumped on pretty fast, for every post that is allowed we sometimes refuse up to 30 or 40 absolutely ridiculous comments that don’t enhance improve or enlighten the thread, maybe leaving the discussions up a bit longer to allow those that don’t log on every 24 hours to see the information and maybe stop repeated asking of the same questions, talking is fine but keeping the content together is also quite a priority as well, it’s trying to find a fair balance, we have a watch function at the top of each thread but that gives notifications every time a post is made, this is what upsets a lot of members having the non content posts, you can’t preview what the post is until you click on it.

setho10

It’s an idea but if leaks appear it takes time to approve them all and you would get 30 posts all of the same leak from different members
What if threads were locked after a week (or whatever length of time you want) without new content appearing and then unlocked whenever a new piece of content arrives. It wouldn’t solve that initial flood of posters all posting that first new image, but then after that the thread could remain open for a week or two after the last new content is posted and then locked.

Beeblebrox

Alternatively keep a set of curated, permalocked content only threads and more general discussion threads that content can be publicly posted to while waiting on being merged into the proper place and civil discussion can take place in the meantime. You'd just need a way for the poster to priority flag actual content posts so they'd be easily findable. Instant ban anyone who abused said flag.

Redfred

SMG has replies and comments separate.

Replies for new content which sends notifications, and underneath each reply you can have the discussion of the respective post. It seems to work well over there, you still get the odd cunt using the replies for shite but it isn't as much of an issue as it is here.

BernH

Personally, I don't have a problem with people bumping threads at all. Takes a very quick click on the handful of threads that appear having new content (I'm almost exclusively checking the leaks threads I might add). But I dislike people who never contribute anything and as soon as a thread has a new post they rush there expecting a new Hope Solo anus pic or what have you and all they ever do is post an angry face for it. Hardly ever any own content. They act like the forum police. These people don't bring anything to the table at all. I won't call anyone out but you know who you are (and it's easy to see - in every leak thread it's the same handful of people). I didn't grow up with facebook et al and didn't spend my youth swipeing messages and adding a thumbs up to everything anyone cares to post, maybe that's my problem. But as some wise man once said: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Or as someone else said: If you don't have anything to say, just stfu.

vinetalover

Just my 2 cents.

vinetalover

It all depends on your definition of a discussion board. Personally I come here for naked celebrities not discourse from people who are begging for a particular hoarded leak to go wild, or post about how they really want to see videos of Prince Charles and Camila doing it doggy-doggy. Perhaps someone should start a discussion board to free up this one for actual salient posts? Perhaps there already is and I don’t know or care.

sobtop

How about all posts have a time limit on. 24 or 48 hours and they are auto deleted. Would keep threads to a minimum and allow a little bit of a discussion. Obviously they needs to be a system in place to keep the images, videos or links in place. Maybe high ranked members or trusted members have permission to pin posts to stop the timer and then admin can review, or they can pin a message as high priority for admin to deal with asap. Otherwise the timer will then delete the post.

As for bumping, it is a little annoying, but sometimes it has produced a few new content from it. But it’s mainly onlyfans that benefit from bumping. Bumping should be banned from celeb content as we know anything leaked or posted will get posted on here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ScudNutz Suggestions on blog and forum 6