Sudden Influx of Spam Accounts

bobzled

For the last 4 days each day i've logged on and cleared existing notifications, after a couple of minutes I get a new follow from these spammers. slightly concerning that these spam bots are sophisticated enough to be scanning the userlist/database for activity.

sausages

For the last 4 days each day i've logged on and cleared existing notifications, after a couple of minutes I get a new follow from these spammers. slightly concerning that these spam bots are sophisticated enough to be scanning the userlist/database for activity.
I wouldn't be too concerned, they can't get any personal info. You can always change your from 'members only' to 'nobody'. That way only mods can view your profile.

Gorydaze

I wouldn't be too concerned, they can't get any personal info. You can always change your from 'members only' to 'nobody'. That way only mods can view your profile.
Thank you for that... Any data is saleable now, plus they'll be using these bots to track new posts, anyone uploading files, using them for DMCA requests if someone hasn't got appropriate privacy settings etc etc matrix etc

Wolfsbain

Troll removal expert
Staff member
They're not being cleaned... I've a bunch of follows that are blatantly bots, still here after several days
Report them and we’ll clean them, all they’re doing is following you they can’t post can’t react can’t do anything

Simply The Beth

Wondered wtf all these followers were. I've not contributed anything worth following.

(Changed my settings as recommended upthread but they're still getting through).

BoatsNHoes

I noticed I get a spam follow the instant I visit the forum so it's clear the spammers are using the Current Visitors page to carry this out:

Any way you can limit the viewing permissions of that page to anyone other than brand new accounts?
Yeah it never lets me log in on first go - always get pop ups from the log in page - which is worrying

sausages

Wondered wtf all these followers were. I've not contributed anything worth following.

(Changed my settings as recommended upthread but they're still getting through).
I noticed I get a spam follow the instant I visit the forum so it's clear the spammers are using the Current Visitors page to carry this out:

Any way you can limit the viewing permissions of that page to anyone other than brand new accounts?
You can also make yourself invisible in . If you disable your visibility, your name won't show up as a current visitor.
If you uncheck both boxes, only mods will see you online.
Privacy1.png

Footlover81

Yeah I've noticed it too. Melissa followed by 4 numbers. I just ignore them but I'd be peeved if I got lots of them.