Scarlett Johansson

crapper

The Fappening Bot
Staff member

bumkadio

Last edited by a moderator:
Some sleuths found an instagram post from a few months ago by an model / nude model. She was hyped about body doubling one very famous actress in a movie from a well known director but wasn't specific.
Apparently she now is listed somwhere in the credits of Asteroid City. I haven't double checked it because I'm not really into Scarjo but make of it what you want.
So the speculation about the scene being a body double seems likely.

Preacher

You’re not wrong
Staff member
Some sleuths found an instagram post from a few months ago by an model / nude model. She was hyped about body doubling one very famous actress in a movie from a well known director but wasn't specific.
Apparently she now is listed somwhere in the credits of Asteroid City. I haven't double checked it because I'm not really into Scarjo but make of it what you want.
So the speculation about the scene being a body double seems likely.
And yet she’s done an interview explaining how uncomfortable Wes Anderson was with her being nude, why claim to of done the nude scene when if as stated a body double had been used, body double would set the record straight, not like SJ hasn’t gone nude before, she just weighs up the scene first to make sure it’s not just gratuitous.

And yet she’s done an interview explaining how uncomfortable Wes Anderson was with her being nude, why claim to of done the nude scene when if as stated a body double had been used, body double would set the record straight, not like SJ hasn’t gone nude before, she just weighs up the scene first to make sure it’s not just gratuitous.
I gotta say, I am glad to not really care about her lol.
Just gave it a little search, as you said she's done an interview where she talked about how uncomfortable Wes was during her being nude. But I also found online comments and a news page that claimed Wes had a festival Q&A in which he apparently confirmed body double for visible nudity.
So I don't know. Her being nude could be and her only being nude while shooting (and on screen nudity from someone else) could also be.
Probably the VOD with higher resoulution will give us an answer. We have the Under my Skin - scenes to compare, so should work.

Rockula

The model would get paid to be there for coverage shots and perhaps as a fail safe in case the actress feels uncomfortable with the shoot. Way to expensive to shoot the scene on a different day if an issue arises. So her presence and credit don't necessarily mean she is in the film. Not saying one way or another, but coupled with the interview, I'd say there's a chance that they both shot the scene in some fashion.

Mluder

PeterW is correct. I saw it over the weekend and it is in fact out of focus on screen intentionally as the focus depth is set on her legs in the foreground.
In regards to the body double conflicting reports, it is entirely possible they shot it both ways - with ScarJo and the double. This happens frequently so that in post production both the actress and director have a last chance option to decide which take to use. Example, if the actress gets cold feet after the fact, the director has the shot with the double to fall back on.
Personally, I believe it's ScarJo. I remember being slightly surprised by the shape of her breasts in Under The Skin... I expected them to be fuller and perkier than they were. These sure do look like the same ones.

davmeltz

Why would actresses want doubles for their nude scenes? Literally the majority of viewers would think it’s actually them nude 99% at the time anyway so show your actual body
The audience is only one factor. There’s also the other cast and crew in the room and for some it’s more uncomfortable to be naked in front of your co-workers than strangers viewing you on a screen. So if you’re famous enough to have the option, why not take it?