Miley CSI

setho10

Surely someone with some skills can brute force it....
Brute force? No. I don’t have the time to do this but I will tell you how to crack it. Build a scraping program that goes through Wikipedia’s entries of classic rock songs. To get the list of songs there might be an api one could plug into, or you would have to scrape another database. Capture the name and length of each song in the format provided and then have the program check the result. With a decent CPU and connection you should have the answer in like half an hour.

edit: Wikipedia might have a wiki list of classic rock songs that could be used.

DarkBLue12345

Brute force? No. I don’t have the time to do this but I will tell you how to crack it. Build a scraping program that goes through Wikipedia’s entries of classic rock songs. To get the list of songs there might be an api one could plug into, or you would have to scrape another database. Capture the name and length of each song in the format provided and then have the program check the result. With a decent CPU and connection you should have the answer in like half an hour.

edit: Wikipedia might have a wiki list of classic rock songs that could be used.
You lost me at API. I'm a celeb wanker not a computer geek unfortunately....

TitusFwah

Okay let's sift through the bullshit.

1. Who was the first person to get a hold of this Mega?
2. Was it encrypted when he got a hold of it or did he encrypt it himself hoping to make some money?
3. Are we sure this is even real? The contents are kinda weird. The 2 videos seem like they could exist by why only 1 unreleased Terry Richardson shot? I doubt her and Terry posted all but ONE picture, and if the person who made the folder had access to one outtake, why not the rest? And then there's "Too Drunk Again" which I'm assuming is along the lines of the ones where she was pissing in the sand. If it was from this night, why just the one unreleased picture? If it's from a different night, why just one picture?

Idk maybe I'm just looking too much into it but the naming style of the pictures and the retarded "hint" at the password makes me think this is fishy. Like, give the password or don't. Nobody is going to be clamoring for this shit like we've never seen shit like it before. I want to see it obviously, but I went to a list of Classic Rock songs, picked the first one and tried it, and then thought "What am I fucking retarded? Why am I wasting my time."

If the person with the password has the password, it's up to him if he posts it or not. That's the only way we're getting into the folder. There's no realistic way of bruting it and if you have any knowledge on what goes into that you'll know.

As for writing some kind of generator to scrub classic rock songs and compile the names and runtimes (in multiple formats, btw ex: "Song Title(Runtime), Song Title - Runtime, Song Title Runtime, Runtime(Song Title), Runtime - Song Title, etc) before you go and spent a lot of time and work building that script from scratch, just think about one thing.

We're going off information that even the OP wasn't sure about.

Wolfman69

On vola: the answer my friend is blowin’ in the wind. Now I’ve tried all versions of it as the password but I think it might actually be a metaphor or a pseudo hint. Don’t fully know. I was just reading the wiki page for the song

Alphi

Bob dylan/tom petty and the heartbreakers sang 'blowin in the wind' I think this a wind up but I'll contribute any info if it helps.

Wolfman69

Bob dylan/tom petty and the heartbreakers sang 'blowin in the wind' I think this a wind up but I'll contribute any info if it helps.
Yeah I figured that from the wiki but I tried all versions I can think of as the password and nothing. I think it’s a tease given the meaning behind the song

setho10

On vola: the answer my friend is blowin’ in the wind. Now I’ve tried all versions of it as the password but I think it might actually be a metaphor or a pseudo hint. Don’t fully know. I was just reading the wiki page for the song
It’s a joke. The chorus of the song literally says, “The answer my friend is blowin’ in the wind.” I’ll just give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not American and are unfamiliar with the saying, but when you say something is blowing in the wind that means it is unknowable. Imagine you had a piece of paper in your hand in a storm and it blew away in the wind. Finding that paper, the simile says, is just as unlikely and difficult as finding the correct song.

Wolfman69

It’s a joke. The chorus of the song literally says, “The answer my friend is blowin’ in the wind.” I’ll just give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not American and are unfamiliar with the saying, but when you say something is blowing in the wind that means it is unknowable. Imagine you had a piece of paper in your hand in a storm and it blew away in the wind. Finding that paper, the simile says, is just as unlikely and difficult as finding the correct song.
Ah.....many thanks